Menu
cybmole
Community elder
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tivo remote code for samsung J series TV

does anyone know that code, to save me much trial and error. new TV arriving today so my tivo remote will need reprogramming...

web page has lots of samsung codes, I'd ratrer not have to try them all !

:

SAMSUNG 0030 0049 0050 0066 0076 0101 0102 0119 0143 0152 0154 0166 0181 0195 0209 0217 0240 0307 0318 0365 0379 0414 0421 0488 0492 0601 0624 0637 0642 0827

my exact model number is 

Samsung UE48J6300 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo remote code for samsung J series TV

Hi there Cybmole,

Thanks for coming back to the Community here and posting. 

That's awesome that you've got a new TV on way, I bet you're over the moon Smiley Happy

I've popped in a helpful link on syncing a remote to a TV through TiVo, just have a look here Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on, if not already sorted.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

well I got there by trial and error, using the scan  method on the web page.. so I still don't actually know what the working code is !

I will point out one omission: I actually found my paper booklet that came with the TIVO and there is nothing in there about how to program the remote. surely there should be?

The new Samsung TV has smart apps for just about everything except - guess what - TV anywhere.

Are there any plans to ever allow that app on smart TVs instead of just on phones & tablets - surely it is technically easy ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

I will point out one omission: I actually found my paper booklet that came with the TIVO and there is nothing in there about how to program the remote. surely there should be?

Although the TiVo printed guides themselves don't have it, I believe that some newer self install guides now do, and if as customer you opt for an engineer install they do it for you.

It's also included in the Help information on TiVo itself (Home > Help & Settings > Help > TiVo Box & Remote) in addition to the on-line content.

The new Samsung TV has smart apps for just about everything except - guess what - TV anywhere.

Are there any plans to ever allow that app on smart TVs instead of just on phones & tablets - surely it is technically easy ?

TV Anywhere is a companion service to Virgin Media's TV service, not a replacement. There isn't really much need to have a Smart TV app when you've got TiVo connected to your TV in the first place.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

TV Anywhere is a companion service to Virgin Media's TV service, not a replacement. There isn't really much need to have a Smart TV app when you've got TiVo connected to your TV in the first place.

of course there is - most households now have more than one TV /PC/whatever in more than one room, & don't want or need to pay an additional monthly rental for each extra tivo.

0 Kudos