Menu
snakebite0596
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

tivo problems

my tivo block keeps showing a black screen on tv stations and also on play back...any one else having the problem, informed virgin of the playback problems, but been trying for 3 hours trying to speak to someone....no joy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
snakebite0596
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo problems

Tried that....but still not fixed, it's getting worse
0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Merry Christmas. Try removing the hdmi or scary cable and putting in back in again. Reboot the box. Hope that might work. 

snakebite0596
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Tried that....but still not fixed, it's getting worse
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear. Search the forum for similar problems. If no luck you may need to phone in. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you can see the menus on the screen but no tv stations or recordings then you have a HDCP issue between the tivo and tv set.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
snakebite0596
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The whole screen goes blank for couple of seconds......which makes the tivo box not record, plays back works then stop with a blank screen, then works
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snakebite0596,

Many thanks for coming into the Community again, welcome back. 

I'm very sorry to learn about the issue with the TiVo, I've been running some preliminary tests and she's coming back with some really healthy levels. This isn't to say they haven't been happening, however this may have been resolved. 

Just to check I did notice you mentioned playback, so I tested the hard drive, all is well there too.

I hope that this is sorted for you and apologies for the delay in reply over the festive period.

Keep in touch.

Ben 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
snakebite0596
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No does not help, it's still doing it, looks like everyone is saying the same thing
.....it's not the tivo box, it's the HD leads or everything but the vivo box
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snakebit0596,

I'm very sorry to hear about the Tivo still showing the black screen on channels at the home, I'd love to help more but would need some additional information to access your account and run some additional checks. . 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

do not listen to them the tivo boxes are at fault I had one and it never ever worked correctly I got all that crap about pulling wires out while standing on your head singing "rule britannia" pluging them back in, getting the ace operaters to remotely access the box, getting engineers out, then suddenly everything would be ok, just cancel engineer, and a couple of days later? same rubbish. the system can't cope and like all good entrepanhoors, blame the customer, for not having the wires tight, and refusing to do handstands.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos