Menu
stiv1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tivo noise

technician just been out regarding noise from new TiVo box and apparently it is standard. this says a lot for the virgin quality control team who accepted these many thousands of units which I believe have an annoying fault which are them passed on the paying customer and expected to put up with it. if you have a choice do not accept the new TiVo box!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo noise

Hello stiv1,

Sorry to hear this is happening with your TiVo® box.

It can make a noise sometimes because of the hard drive inside the box but it shouldn't be loud or constant. The sound can be minimised depending on what surface the box is sitting on, did the technician give any suggestions regarding this?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stiv1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We have tried absolutely every possible solution and the noise is still irritable and annoying, the best the unit gets is when it is switched off. compared with the v box it was swapped for the TiVo in my opinion is not fit for purpose 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stiv1,

Really sorry to hear about the trouble had with your TiVo®.

There does appear to be an issue with the equipment levels and I'd like for an engineer to come out and take a look at this.

I've sent you a private message for us to chat about this some more.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
invyism
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here, duff box replaced by noisy box.  Being passed from pillar to post from the community team to the phone-based 'support' mobs (spelling intended - great line in patronising responses btw - about the only consistent thing with VM these days).  CEO's office?  Couldn't give a crap.  My *new* TiVo box constantly has hard drive noise several times a second, which is loud enough to spoil TV viewing and also playing music on my hifi when TV is off.  Three months of abysmal service and I get a £50 credit (as a big favour, apparently) and absolutely no interest in resolving the issue nor expediting a change to a V6 box to see if that improves matters, nor even a replacement TiVo to resolve the noise issues.  I have hung on, hung on, and hung on some more and I'm really not fussed anymore about being loyal to a company who lie and fob me off (I won't get started on the abysmal phone 'support' here) anymore.

Stiv1 - is this similar to your issue? 

Mods - THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE.  STOP PATRONISING THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP YOUR COMPANY GOING AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING TO PROVIDE WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR.  EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Don't apologise, punt excuses or thumbs up me - just provide a service that is worthy of the subscription because right now, 5 meg broadband with BT is looking a damn sight better than what I'm mgetting from you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi invyism

Thanks for getting back to us about the issues you are having with the TiVo® box with us Smiley Sad

I am sorry to hear that this is still causing an issue for you despite this having recently been replaced.

I can see that this has been picked up by my colleague Ben for you on your other thread Monthly credit due to Tivo...... and when he's available he'll pop back to you on the pm you've been discussing this on with further support for you.

Kind regards and keep us posted.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos