Menu
sirog201
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

tivo installed

Hi, was wondering how this would work. I currently have virgin broadband and phone which comes into my front room. I am looking at having a tivo box installed for tv but this would be in my backroom. Years ago Ntl ran a cable through my loft and down the outside wall and back into the back room. This cable has since been cut. When they are installing tivo would they do the same thing or will they want to move the super hub and the phone connection into the back room as well
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo installed

they will run another cable arounf the house, They will leave the BB and phone where it is
0 Kudos
sirog201
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does the tivo have its own broadband connection
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

it doesn't need it's own connection to your BB hub, it has it's own internal 10meg modem to handle those services that need it, that said...

you can connect your TiVo to your hub if you want but all you'd gain is app based remote control functions, you could try a couple of Powerline Homeplug thingies if the distance/location makes cabling a pain.

0 Kudos
sirog201
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So will I still be able to use tv anywhere without it being connected directly to the superhub
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes you can. TV anywhere uses the internet and not your Tivo.
0 Kudos
sirog201
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the info. Can anyone tell me what the picture quality is like
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

its not bad. on my ipad. on the pc its not as good if you watch full screen on a large 26+ screen
0 Kudos
sirog201
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Because the TiVo will be in another room will it make any difference to the picture quality. How does the TiVo rate against sky hd. I have a freesat hd box at the minute but have had sky in the past
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere doesn't use your Tivo it uses the internet connection so the location of the Tivo makes no difference. Same room. 500 Miles away will be the same
0 Kudos