Menu
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

tivo home page background black again

i just switched on the box and its repeated itself like last time home page all black and the background  tv guide listings very dull and banner grey its repeated itself like last time 

0 Kudos
carlgoss
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo home page background black again

I've had this three times.. the home screen goes completely black with sound only... and stays like it. I've tried 'dirty' and 'clean' reboots to no effect. Added to this the whole UI remains sluggish.. as reported by many many here. But the lack of VM response is most likely down to having nothing to say...Tivo doesn't work properly, there's nothing that can be done with the hardware the way it is. VM shortly to get out of TV and concentrate on their fibre I wouldn't be surprised.

V6
200 Mbps
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo diagnostics no signal reading

ive checked the signal on tivo diagnostics and the reading is 0% signal thats on a few then its dropping by 72% then next one 52% the channels are very poor the signal percent is 0% and the sound keep dropping there is all sorts on diagnostics im reading 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni and carlgoss,

Jonni--I've been running testing to your TiVo® over the last few days, as I've been keeping an eye on this as per your other post and I'm seeing a problem with your TiVo tuners. I'll need to get an engineer out to you for this.

I'll pop a PM over to you for appointment details.

Carlgoss--I'm not able to access your account via your Forum details, so I'll send you a PM as well asking for more information so I can test your line and TiVo if you would like for me to look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Tags (1)
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no text message confirmation from virgin about engineer visit i got confirmation from appointment via my virgin media they allways contact me via text
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni,

Sorry you haven't received a text confirmation for your appointment today. I have double checked this and can verify this has now been assigned to a technician, so the appointment is still scheduled.

Apologies about the text message not sending.

Thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

they always send a confirmation to say they are attending to my mobile but i have current virgin mobile phone issues nothing to do with original mobile phone they tried to sell me 1 i didnt want 1 but now im getting emails from them still virgin mob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni,

I don't know why the sms wasn't sent out. Has your mobile number changed? Send over a PM verifying the correct number and I'll make sure that's what we have on your account.

The engineer should be out to you within the next few hours.

Thanks,

Terri

Tags (1)
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

tivo tuners are never good thats why my tivo always fails it cant break down yet again not after what the engineer did yesterday he ran tests on box he did a good thorough check on the box he said it was fine fingers x
0 Kudos