Menu
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tivo guide oddity

Hi, got my tivo yesterday and on the whole impressed.
But had a small issue, which I'm not sure if its by design, but if it is it is annoying, and I got told off for upgrading to something so complicated Smiley Happy

waiting for my wife so thought I'd browse a bit.

did Home/ tv guide/ movies/ and selected a film.

a while later, wife arrived so put in
to stick it on BBC1 for her.

Then pressed 'ok' to bring up the mini guide and it was stuck on films, typed 101 on the guide and nothing.

Pressed the guide button, stuck on films, pressed 101 and did nothing.

by which time I was getting some stick...

anyway suddenly remembered what I had done at the start...
so Home/ tv guide / All managed to sort it.

But for a while there I had no idea what was happening.

is this by design, and is there an option so that once I exit the tv guide it can forget the filter and maybe just start on the current channel I am on?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo guide oddity

It will forget which subset of the guide you are in after about an hour. There is no setting to allow you to get this to happen immediately.

There are many who complain that it returns to All after an hour. They want it to stay at the subset you choose which I guess is reasonable if the subset you want is Favourites.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo guide oddity

Ok thanks, I'd seen all the posts about favourites, although I think if I'd coded something with this behaviour I'd fail QA.

I think the proper way to handle it would be to remain in the subset until you choose a channel outside the subset, especially with the mini guide as I'd expect that the start with the channel I'm on when I bring it up.
or,
what might be better is to structure the guide properly as a tree, so pressing back (or something) while on the guide or mini guide takes you up to the subset selection..
anyway at least I know what happens now so shouldn't be caught out again.
0 Kudos