Menu
hendrix69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

tivo constand start up cycle with denon receiver

hi there,

could anyone help please?

i have not long ago replaced my old denon receiver with a newer model and when i connect my tivo box to the receiver and turn everything on i get the tivo "starting up" message,but the screen is a funny purple/pink colour,then all the lights on the tivo box flash and then it restarts itself and goes into a loop and does exactly the same again.

just cannot get it to work with the amp at all

i have tried 4 different hdmi cables that work with other devices ok ( ps3 ps4  2 laptops )

i have tried the tivo box in all the different hdmi ports in the back of the receiver with all the hdmi cables

i have tried ps3 ps4 and laptops int the same hdmi ports on the receiver and all work fine ( so not a fault with receivers hdmi ports )

i have tried turning off  anynet+ on the tv and reciever so they are not trying to control the tivo box

i have tried changing the tivo sound output from dolby to pcm ( to rule it out )

if i plug the tivo box directly into the tv it works fine, no purple/pink colour and starts up first time

i can run an optical cable from the tivo box to the receiver to get dolby sound but have to manually change the audio inputs everytime i switch back to tivo after using ps3 ps4 or laptop.

not really a big deal but quite annoying when all the other equipment works ok

Samsung UE55F8000

Denon avr-x1000

thanks for any help or ideas anyone has

steve

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo constand start up cycle with denon receiver

Well it's not a model incompatibility issue as this reviewer says he's using it with his Tivo

http://cinema-system-reviews.culob.com/tag/denon-avr-x1000-integrated-network-av-surround-receiver-r...

Some sort of ground loop issue perhaps

0 Kudos
hendrix69
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks for your quick reply. is there anything i could do to rectify that if it is the problem?
i also forgot to mention in my original post that i have done a complete reset of the tivo box,lost all of the wifes saved programs ( i dont like jeremy kyle anyway!! ) ha
thanks
steve
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try this, disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the tivo, then plug the hdmi cable into the amp, if it does not reboot it's a ground loop issue and you can get a ground loop isolator if it still reboots I have no idea what the issue is

0 Kudos
hendrix69
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi there,
thanks for the reply,i will try this when i get home from work tonight.

another thing i forgot to mention that i tried was to try turning on the equipment in different orders
tivo-receiver-tv
receiver-tv-tivo etc
thanks
steve
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi hendrix69,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your denon receiver. 

It's great to see dannylau getting involved and helping here. 

As we're not able to support you on this, and I personally don't have any experience with this sort of equipment, i'll leave this one to the experts in the Community Smiley Happy

If there is anything we can do though, just let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
IanJulia
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi hendrix69 - did you manage to sort this ? I've just experienced exactly the same issue although I've been running my current set-up for nearly 7 years (Tivo for past 18months) and it all stopped working about a fortnight ago - I've done exactly the same - trying different HDMI ports to no avail - all ports work with other devices - tivo box replaced at beginning of week and exactly same issue - I can only put it down to a recent software update - anyone else an other suggestions please ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There have been on recent software updates for the Tivo, try what I suggested and see what happens

0 Kudos
hendrix69
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi there, when i had his problem i did what dannylau suggested and the tivo rebooted ok but obviously there wasnt a picture due to the coax cable not connected, so i then took all the cables out of everything switched everything off and unplugged everything then ran all the cables again while everything was unplugged, it worked fine after that, i used the same cables as i had before so it wasnt that, i can only think that it was a bad coax connection or a handshake connection to the amp or tivo that was the problem, but has never happened since. hope this helps
0 Kudos