Menu
g1b
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tivo bravia sync problem

Hi, my tivo box is causing bravia sync to stop working on both my ps3 and sony amp, if i unplug the hdmi cable from tivo bravia sync can connect to both and work fine but as soon as the tivo box hdmi is connected the bravia sync stops working and disappears from the bravia sync menu 

i have swapped hdmi cables but it has not solved the problem 

any ideas ?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo bravia sync problem

Hey gb1

Sorry to learn about this issue, it's certainly a strange one as even it shouldn't affect your other devices. 

Have you managed to contact Sony at all to see if there any recommendations to try?  As even if the TiVo box isn't compatible with Control for HDMI, it shouldn't remove your other devices from your TV's options. Have you tried this in a few different HDMI ports on your TV?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
g1b
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i was able to solve the problem by removing the cec pin from the hdmi cable 

0 Kudos
linickx
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

+1 Same problem - PS3 & Home Theatre controls both don't work with TiVo Connected.

For me it's only started happening maybe a week or so ago. I ended up factory resetting TV/PS3/etc before working out which box was the problem. I have a spare, so will see if butchering the HDMI lead does the trick - I can't see any "setting" on the TiVo box to disable HDMI Control. (as that should be the expected thing to do)

0 Kudos
linickx
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable hacking didn't go as well as planned... ordered one of these instead: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female/dp/B00DL48KVI
0 Kudos