Menu
dekx1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tivo box

hi, after numerous calls to virgin about the box, and eventually getting a technician out to replace it with a new one and new remote, I have the same problem, it is so slow to change channels and my shows and recordings are so slow to activate, the remote doesn't respond at all sometimes taking an age to do things, if you keep pressing it, it eventually flirts through everything so fast, it's so frustrating, the remote just can't communicate with the box? what's up with it, virgin doesn't seem to care.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box

dekx1000 wrote:

hi, after numerous calls to virgin about the box, and eventually getting a technician out to replace it with a new one and new remote, I have the same problem, it is so slow to change channels and my shows and recordings are so slow to activate, the remote doesn't respond at all sometimes taking an age to do things, if you keep pressing it, it eventually flirts through everything so fast, it's so frustrating, the remote just can't communicate with the box? what's up with it, virgin doesn't seem to care.

I am surprised that they even bothered to send an engineer out, the slowness is a well-known, much discussed, issue on the forums with no response from VM.

See this thread for example :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/RC24-What-was-it-for/m-p/3275090#U3275...

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
dekx1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply frank, I reckon the tech' knew about the problems but didn't say anything, is virgins broadband the same? because I have the same problem with that not responding lagging slowness etc, I'm going to look for another provider in the new year, it's become intolerable,

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

dekx1000 wrote:

thanks for the reply frank, I reckon the tech' knew about the problems but didn't say anything, is virgins broadband the same? because I have the same problem with that not responding lagging slowness etc, I'm going to look for another provider in the new year, it's become intolerable,

Had problems with my broadband a few months back, also had problems with both my Tivos at the same time but that is a saga for another time. Phoned support and the "tech" told me that he was going to make some configuration changes to my router. I specifically told him that he was not to change the wireless channel as I had set that up to avoid other traffic in the area. He promised he hadn't but was very vague on what he had done.

Coupe of days later I was back on the phone as it was even worse. This time I got a great guy in Cardiff who looked at it and confirmed that the previous clown had indeed changed the channel, despite the fact I had told him not to. He reset the changes to what they had been previously and told me that there was an area problem which was subsequently resolved a few days later.

There are some good people in VM, every field engineer I have met was excellent, there are good support people like the guy in Cardiff but, regrettably, there are too many who are out of their depth. Try get an answer on these forums that is not on their template.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos