Menu
vygon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

tivo box

I have not long had a TIVO box and if I am being honest I hate the bloody thing, its so dam slow its like I have it on the old dial up broadband  it records stuff I don't watch, it gives me suggestions I don't want, the links to programs is rubbish, as it records old and new even when I have selected new only, when I change or try to change to my shows it seams to think about it first then about two or three seconds it decides that yes ok I will just change to what I have selected  its really really frustrating, I want my old virgin plus box back, at least it recorded what I wanted, when I wanted, with no problem. I just want to chuck it out the window at times. But am I the only person who thinks like this or are there others. I don't know if this is the correct place to put this, if its not I would be obliged if someone could point me to the correct place so as VM maybe by chance read this and advise that would be good but I wont hold my breath. But I have phoned VM about this but nothing just someone who told me they will put it on my notes

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo box

I'm afraid the old VM boxes are being phased out. It'll be TiVo or its successor or nothing I'm afraid. As to the slowness read http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Slow-TiVo/td-p/3195456. 

To stop suggestions Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
                                 Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you've set one up).
                                 Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.

as to recording old and new this generally happens if the TiVo guide info is generic so as a belt and braces thing TiVo records everything  

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo box

I'm afraid the old VM boxes are being phased out. It'll be TiVo or its successor or nothing I'm afraid. As to the slowness read http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Slow-TiVo/td-p/3195456. 

To stop suggestions Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
                                 Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you've set one up).
                                 Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.

as to recording old and new this generally happens if the TiVo guide info is generic so as a belt and braces thing TiVo records everything