its been like this for weeks.

will you provide a new one ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box not working

Of course, just phone 150 select the TVs faults option and they'll book an engineer for you

0 Kudos
icecoldme
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

but , the only thing is the the internet does not work either .

apparently it wont be fixed for a week or more !

So, its pointless phoning, the tivo box needed internet connection for updates ?

also i have an issue with trying to talk to people i dont understand on the phone.(strong accents/bad line)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If your internet is down it could stop your box rebooting as if the tivo can't find a signal it won't start up. or it could be entirely unrelated, you could wait until a mod reads your post but that might take a day or two

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi icecoldme,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the TiVo® and Broadband services right now.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks and regarding the Broadband I can see there is an issue already raised relating to High Demand on the network side of things.  Usual symptoms of this is slow connection or intermittent cut outs of the connection.  If the situation is severe enough it can cause a loss of connection for periods of time.  When I also look at the TiVo® box remotely it is currently showing as offline line.  Can you please confirm if the box is turned on?

It looks at this stage to be 2 separate issues affecting your services.  If you can let me know on the current status of the TiVo® box I can help further Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
icecoldme
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi,

i have turned it back on.

but it is still in a start loop

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there icecoldme, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue with your TiVo® I've done some further testing this morning and it appears that we'll have to get someone to call out and investigate further for you. 

I'll send  you a private message in order to get things moving with this for you. Please look t o the top right of this page where you'll find a purple coloured envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message.

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there icecoldme, 

Just checking to see if you were able to view the private message I sent yesterday as I've yet to have a reply. 

If you'd like for me to arrange a technician, please get in touch,

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
icecoldme
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

box still not working, can i get my money back and change my package, that i did not want anyway

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi icecoldme,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Did you see the private message Huw_B sent to you?  We will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

I will send you a further private message to get this arranged.

If you have made up your mind about your package, you will need to contact our customer service team to sort this for you.  You can reach them on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  Alternatively you can chat to our online team via Contact Us.

I'm keen to get this current issue fixed with the TiVo® so let me know if you'd like an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

Collette Smiley Happy 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos