Menu
stuey1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

tivo box noise

Been with virgin for 9 days and had 2 cisco boxes due to rumbling/bumping noise.The replacement one makes the same noise as the first one but also makes a whirring noise when switched on like a motor runningPreviously with sky and their hd box is whisper quiet.Is this normal as the engineer thinks so.Both boxes are refurbished as well so i am told.Can i insist on a brand new box next time
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo box noise

Hi all

Ive been having this discussion with @Jen_A about the boxes and the cisco boxes are very noisy compare to the new samsung boxes ive had the cisco boxes since virgin got tivo only afew month back i got another tivo to replace my v+ box which was the samsung and its alot quieter and doesnt make noises every few mins like the cisco ones

hope this helps!

cheers

shaun

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Could you let us know where your box is? What it's standing on etc. 

Sometimes putting little rubber feet feet on the bottom stops this problem. 

0 Kudos
stuey1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Its on a glass shelf in a open tv unit.The box has rubber feet on it anyway.It is currently sitting on a folded up bathmat which isnt helping at all.It is a noisy disc drive that is the problem but the engineer who swapped it didnt listen to the first one,just swapped it and listened to the second one and said its normal.Like i said previously sky hd box was totally quiet.This is like a constant bumping which becomes very irritating.

0 Kudos
xyz
Joining in
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I have the same noise. Don't think the box virgin use is the best quality.
0 Kudos
stuey1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Not to happy,i find im hearing it all the time and wouldnt have switched to virgin from sky if i had known about this.The sky boxes are almost silent apart from the odd whirring when in stand by doing updates
0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi all

Ive been having this discussion with @Jen_A about the boxes and the cisco boxes are very noisy compare to the new samsung boxes ive had the cisco boxes since virgin got tivo only afew month back i got another tivo to replace my v+ box which was the samsung and its alot quieter and doesnt make noises every few mins like the cisco ones

hope this helps!

cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
stuey1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I have asked for a brand new box this time but how do you know you are getting one?Hopefully it wont be another cisco
0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuey

Have they said they are giving you a new one? if your new to virgin media you should have got a new one i would have thought.

cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
stuey1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Not sure how you know you are getting a brand new one as they all come in plain brown boxes apparantly.I have requested a brand new samsung box as the 2 cisco i have had make the same rumbling/bumping noise.I am awaiting visit now as i type this
0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuey

Let me know how it goes! 

cheers

shaun

0 Kudos