Menu
andy9
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tivo box keeps rebooting

for 2 days now my TiVo box has constantly been rebooting after only having the TiVo box for 4 days. I don't know what is going on I have been on the virgin media website and linked on service status where it says all working ok yet when I run the test anyway it says problem will be resolved in 10 minutes, been saying that for 2 days now. sort it out virgin otherwise I will be sending my box back.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box keeps rebooting

If you don't ring in they won't know you've got a problem. It's most likely a duff box. 150 from a virgin phone or 03454541111

0 Kudos
andy9
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just phoned virgin and was told alot of problems were in my area and after typing furiously away on his keyboard got tv up and running, been on 20 minutes now I'll see if it lasts, thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi andy9,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the disruption you have been experiencing with the TiVo® rebooting.  I know how annoying this can be when you're watching your favourite programmes.

How are things looking today?  If you have any further problems, please don't hesitate to ask.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
andy9
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok now for the latest update, after phoning 150 Monday the TiVo box worked for a whole hour, so phoned again  Tuesday and said they will send an engineer out to me Thursday and ended up changing the TiVo box for another one and seems to be working ok, been on now for 90 minutes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy9,

Cheers for coming in and letting us know about the engineer visit. That is certainly great news Smiley Happy

Just to check in on how everything is working, If there's anything that you may need please let myself or one of the team know Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
andy9
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

latest update is it turns out according to the engineer that is that the 1tb TiVo box sent to me was meant to be a 500gb TiVo box so he swapped it for the correct one and loaded it all up and it has worked fine since.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Andy9,

That's brilliant news the engineer has been and more so that they've been able to help. 

Please stay in touch and feel free to have a look around the other boards for anything you need, if you ever get stuck or have a burning question, just drop me a line Smiley Happy

All the best Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos