Menu
paulrc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

tivo box keeps coming on when on standby

I am not sure what is going on but when I go to bed I put my box on standby and the red light come on but when I get up in the morning it is all back on again and all green lights are on this has happened everyday for a few weeks. Last night I got up in the early hours of the morning and it was on so put it on standby again but when I got up this morning it was on again. Also it is so slow if I come of the recording page I lose my tv screen for 5 seconds and it takes ages to watch on demand things

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box keeps coming on when on standby

Hello paulrc,

Welcome to the community.

I have located your account and I'm finding some signal issues with the TiVo® box so I would like to arrange for someone to take a look at this for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem with one of my two tivo boxes but not the other.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello LindaAMS,

Sorry to hear this is happening to your TiVo® box, are you experiencing any of the other issues that paulrc has mentioned or is it only turning itself out of standby?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

just turning itself out of stanby but a few months back we had an issue where the menu and homescreens came up but when you changed channel there was no picture or sound. This was intermittent but retified itself so we no longer needed to pursue it

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LindaAMS,

Many thanks for the reply, I hope you have been keeping well.

I can see that this has happened before, I have been into the account and I would like to ask you if you can reboot the box, if not already and check to see if this happens again?

Keep I touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi reboots don't stop it I am afraid although I have been lucky and only had it happen once in the past week.

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My box is back to one of its old problems now. Had to reboot again as I had no picture or sound and only the tivo menus. At least it has been a while since this last happened but it is not great to see this problem returning.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LindaAMS,

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is having problems again. How's it been since your last post?

I've been able to run tests to your TiVo® boxes and everything looks good according to the results. If there's ongoing work on your network, signals may be sent manually, which will bring your box out of standby, but this shouldn't cause any loss of service unless there's an area fault.

If you are still having problems with this, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thus far it's behaving, but the hard drive is louder than usual now. Will monitor it and see how it goes.

0 Kudos