Menu
Mattmiller17
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

tivo box just keeps restarting

I live in sg12 and our downstairs box is fine but my upstairs one just keeps starting up and then turning off and then starting up..... Over and over.... Every now again I may get go watch 2 minutes of cricket but n more than that!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo box just keeps restarting

it's an area fault, in Luton, Stevenage and surrounds.. Smiley Sad

Mine hasn't stopped rebooting for ages. .due to be fixed 2.30 'ish but that is always subject to change. my neighbours started doing it about an hour before mine started, which is why one of your boxes may be doing it and the other one isn't, yet!

Not sure whether to turn my box off until it is sorted or if I'll screw up the box if I turn off mid reboot.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

it's an area fault, in Luton, Stevenage and surrounds.. Smiley Sad

Mine hasn't stopped rebooting for ages. .due to be fixed 2.30 'ish but that is always subject to change. my neighbours started doing it about an hour before mine started, which is why one of your boxes may be doing it and the other one isn't, yet!

Not sure whether to turn my box off until it is sorted or if I'll screw up the box if I turn off mid reboot.

0 Kudos
Mattmiller17
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I turned mine off and on a couple of times but now I know will leave it.... Cheers
0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I was going to turn mine off when it got to the home page bit and before it restarted again. .just checked and there is a big notice on the screen saying please do not switch your box off we're updating our digital TV service and it will take a few minutes. .Now on stage 3 of 3..  Not seen that before but had been watching Freeview so it could mean nothing at all.

Box just rebooting again now..  I'll wait 5 mins til it is done  then see if if reboots. .again........ :/

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Now it says installing software.. Do not turn off the power supply

Am really hoping it is not resetting the whole bloomin box and everything will be gone :eek!

Edit: Phew My Shows are still there and possibly all finished with the rebooting thing now ..fingers crossed  lol

0 Kudos
metalmicky1948
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mine did that but it will not connect.
0 Kudos
mikew1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just found this

TV
 There is a fault disruption

You might find that your Virgin TV service is not working at the moment. Boxes may also be constantly rebooting or getting a network availabilty error message

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Reference no: F003824132

Mike

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Thank you for your posts. Apologies that you have been experiencing issues with your TiVo® box that has disrupted your service.

The fault you were having on Friday and Saturday has now been cleared.

Can you please let me know if you are still having issues with your TiVo® service?

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm loathe to say mine is ok now since the 'software update' that it said it was doing on the screen, as I don't want to put the mockers on it. .I am too superstitious nowadays. lol

Suffice to say it seems to have not rebooted itself for a few days  so fingers crossed it was sorted Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
dglane
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is a national issue not local. My TV services have not been working for a 4th day in a row and the online message that offers a resolution time just keeps changing!!!

0 Kudos