Menu
200h
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tivo box coming out of standby

since we had our box changed on the 13th august our tivo box now turns itself back on during the night,this is really annoying now as we have a power saving plug for the tv that is operated by the tivo standby button on the remote,

i.e. press tivo standby button the tivo goes into standby and the tv turns off

but now the tv turns on and the tivo turn off as they have now go out of sync with tivo turning itself on during the night.

does anyone have a resolution for this.

i am in the ch43 area

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box coming out of standby

The tivo coming on in the night is caused by network maintenance in your area, when they finished for the night a reboot signal is sent so equipment connects back up correctly, not a lot you can do about it

All I did was switch the tivo into standby by hand when I got up in the morning then when I sat down to watch the news before I left for work it was in sync 

0 Kudos
200h
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thank-you for your reply

on friday 18th august  virgin came to my house and the tech guy said he had never heard of this before

he was going to change the box but he didnt have one on the van another waste of 3 hours of my life

i am now thinking of getting rid of the tivo service and buying a talktalk set top box so we can record

freeview tv.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there 200h,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues experienced with TiVo®.

I've located your account and it is showing that we've resolved this for you since your last post.

Could you please confirm if this is the case for me, as if not, I will be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
EightBall
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The box will switch itself on to do updates. It can also switch on for suggested recordings if the settings are programmed to do so.

You can check your power settings in: Help & Settings>Settings>Devices>Power Saving.

It might also be worth noting that your TiVo remote control can switch your TV off by holding down the standby button for 5 seconds (if it's programmed to operate the volume of your TV set). 

0 Kudos