Menu
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tivo box anyone experiencing tivo power button never turns off

i sometimes switch the tivo power button off via the box then i have to wait a few  hours before it turns red sometimes i switch it once then it flashes and nothing happens then press it again and it flashes then it goes off any answers jonni

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box anyone experiencing tivo power button never turns off

My works as expected

Press it once and it turns off 5 seconds later

Press it twice and it turns off straight away

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni

Thanks for posting about the standby options on your TiVo® service.

Ozsat is spot on with what should happen.  You can also turn the box off on the standby switch at the back of the box on the left if you're concerned this is not shutting down correctly for you.  You may have already seen this article here as I know we've chatted about this in the past on the forums Smiley Happy

If you follow the standby method from the remote control it does still record any planned recordings you have upcoming in your planner.

Hope this helps you out a little Smiley Happy

Cheers Jonni

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni

The red flashing circle isn't  as uncommon as the other person has suggested on the other post you.  It happens on my TiVo® service every now and then and it's just the system buffering or catching up.  It's noting to worry about unless it becomes a persistent issue or you're finding it slow to load on a continual basis.

I know you've had your box looked at by the engineer a couple of months back so I doubt the box is playing up, it's probably just the network at the time when you used it being a little slow to respond.

Keep me posted on how this goes for you Jonni

Let me know if I can help with anything else too Smiley Happy

Thanks 

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mm it rather worries me that you think it shouldn't be a rare event (which it is on my TiVo) there should be little or no buffering, loading or anything else if the system works properly. 

The system shouldn't run slow, which is effectively what is happening. 

Pretty interesting that that you're admitting it does......

Karen_A wrote:

Hi Jonni

The red flashing circle isn't  as uncommon as the other person has suggested on the other post you.  It happens on my TiVo® service every now and then and it's just the system buffering or catching up.  It's noting to worry about unless it becomes a persistent issue or you're finding it slow to load on a continual basis.

I know you've had your box looked at by the engineer a couple of months back so I doubt the box is playing up, it's probably just the network at the time when you used it being a little slow to respond.

Keep me posted on how this goes for you Jonni

Let me know if I can help with anything else too Smiley Happy

Thanks 

Karen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parrotperson

I totally appreciate your feedback on my perspective and thanks for your post Smiley Happy

The feedback I gave was based on my own personal experience of my TiVo® service, and maybe I wasn't that clear in the post for which I apologise if this was the case. My own TiVo® box is the box I have the most experience with and I find this does happen now and again but doesn't cause me any inconvenience other than occasionally having to wait  a few more moments than usual to complete the requested action.

It's great yours doesn't appear to do this that as frequently Smiley Happy  I just wanted to allow the balanced perspective of my personal experience to outweigh any service concerns Jonni may have had.  I know it had been suggested that given the experience he had had to call in and book an engineer, which is why I posted the feedback I have.  At this point in time I don't feel that's necessary.

I have mentioned that if he feels it becomes excessive or creates a concerning lag on a more frequent basis then to let us know and we'll look into it for him then.

Thanks again for your feedback, it really helps me to help you guys better and please let me know if there's anything else I can look into for you Smiley Happy

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos