Menu
gdair
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tivo box - I deleted and tried to reinstall. Get - connecting (service not found) t

tivo box - I deleted and tried to reinstall. Get - connecting (service not found) tried restarting - same message. Whatt should I do now?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo box - I deleted and tried to reinstall. Get - connecting (service not found) t

Ok. That'll need a phone call to VM and an engineers visit I'm afraid. Sounds like your box is stuffed. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box - I deleted and tried to reinstall. Get - connecting (service not found) t

Sorry. Your post isn't clear. You can't delete the TiVo software. So what have you deleted? Recordings? 

0 Kudos
gdair
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought I'd deleted everything. now the box won't restart

0 Kudos
gdair
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried switching it off and on but what I get is  - Installing Software  - at the top, then preparing, then connecting and that's where it ends with - service not found.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok. That'll need a phone call to VM and an engineers visit I'm afraid. Sounds like your box is stuffed. 

0 Kudos
gdair
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, certainly looks that way. Called the number and they're sending an engineer out... on Wednesday.
0 Kudos