Menu
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

there is no sound making coming from remote

ive noticed when i click on my shows there is no sound and sometimes there is a buzz when clicking and also the guide is the same when clicking on that sometimes you get it but not allways it used to be sound before but not hearing it its a new remote i had it ages 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: there is no sound making coming from remote

Hi Jonni,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you keep getting continual issues with your TiVo. Have you changed the remote settings? You could try the following:

To clear any changes and reset a TiVo remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down   and   on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  2. Press   three times, then press 
  3. The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode.

Has this made any difference?

I've been trying to run some diagnostics this morning on your TiVo but looks like I'm unable to communicate with the box.

Could you manually reboot the TiVo (switch it off for 5 minutes then back on) and let me know when this has been done?

Many thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Tags (1)
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

did you find anything many thanks jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni,

I've checked this again and I'm still seeing no issues with your TiVo. Have you checked the TiVo audio settings on this?

Please try: Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio >Sound Effects Volume then choose between Off, Low, Medium and High 

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Tags (1)
tweetiepooh
Up to speed
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I had this issue and a TiVo reboot sorted it.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hi tweetiepooh thanks for coming back with that info im glad its not me i definately had sound before from remote but suddenly when i use remote now there is no sound making at times when using remote buttons so its either a remote issue need a new remote or box settings there is no sound coming from up or down channels there was before and my shows i tried reboot nothing made any difference its kind of stopped working
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry that changing the audio sound effects settings hasn't fixed the problem. You haven't mentioned losing audio when viewing programmes and testing to your TiVo® shows everything is fine. You've also replaced the batteries in your remote and tried rebooting the box.

What I recommend is for you to reset your TiVo back to factory settings - completely wiping the box (this will clear all recordings, Series links, WishList, Thumb ratings, Suggestions, Parental Controls. It will take about an hour to complete this.

• Select Help & Settings on the Home screen.
  • Choose Clear or reset set top box.
  • Select Restart or Reset System.
  • Choose Clear & delete everything

If you aren't keen on clearing your TiVo and all the other services, controls and programme/recording audio works fine--then you may consider just leaving this as it is with the remote button action on silent. Usually we are asked how to turn off the button sound effects feature, however, if it is something that you require or want use of this function, then please reset the box as instructed and let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Tags (1)
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

it might not help i will see what i can find out about why the remote isnt making clicking sound obviously its stopped working the function or new remote required many thanks terri all the best jonni

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni,

I'm trying to test your remote now--can you press go into My Recordings and around Guide a bit then press the TV button. Just pop me a post when you've done that.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

...sorry I didn't explain in that last post that I tested your remote several times the last few days and the results showed everything was okay. Right now when I've tested it again, I'm not getting a response.

Tags (1)