Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 22 (1,917 Views)

stuck on stage 1 of 3 update

I am getting the same problem any help? My screen has been displaying stage 1 of 3 update for hours and it states that it should only take a few minutes. I've tried turning the power off like mentioned in other mails but no joy. This is not the first time this has happened and I have had a number of problems with my Virgin Media tivo box.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 22 (1,892 Views)

Re: stuck on stage 1 of 3 update

I have also had this problem this morning, I tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in again, however it came up with the same message. What can I do to fix it?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22 (1,854 Views)

Same here. Have you managed to fix it?
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 22 (1,839 Views)

Thank heavens for internet forums....I've been battling this problem this morning and was convinced it was just our machine...clearly not.

Our screen is still showing the stage 1 of 3 update and although the progress bar keeps moving it just goes back to the start again.  Anyone had any luck in ringing Virgin?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 22 (1,834 Views)

Anyone had any joy with this?  After my last post above we rang Virgin only to be told that they would need to send an engineer and the earliest they could manage was Sunday....

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 6 of 22 (1,813 Views)

hi there

sorry to hear all of you are having problems with your tivo box updating if it is stuck on stage 1 this could mean a few things is it looping around on stage 1 or is the bar just stuck in one place? one of the mods will be along shortly and will hopefully send some signals to your boxes to see if this resolves the issues which hopefully should

Nathan

My views are mine and not Virgin Media's currently working in customer relations and previously a Virgin Media technican
Nathan
Currently working for Customer Relations VM, my views are of my own and not Virgin Media's
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22 (1,804 Views)

Same here.

There's the do not switch off, this might take a few minutes joke.

Below that the progress bar "updating -  stage 1 of 3" which jerks along for a bit then goes back to the beginning and starts again.

No idea when the update actually started but I put the set on just after 12:00 and it's now 15:30 — been like that throughout the last three and a half hours.

Posts with the same problem from past updates have been replied to with "reboot it", notwithstanding the warning.

However it doesn't seem like a good idea to do this without some official sanction.

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 8 of 22 (1,781 Views)

rebooting it during this will not harm considering you have been stuck on stage one for the past 3 and alf hours
Nathan
Currently working for Customer Relations VM, my views are of my own and not Virgin Media's
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (1,766 Views)

Hi All, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue, and it is something that we are taking very seriously. 

I have run testing on all of the people who have posted on this thread, and can see a lot of the TiVo® boxes are now showing as online and broadcasting a channel. 

The ones that were showing that there was an issue, I've sent some signals to these boxes, I'd need you to power off the TiVo® again if you're still experiencing an issue.

If after this point, your TiVo® still stalls at the stage 1 or 3 part of the update, could you please let me know. 

Many thanks and apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Tuning in
Message 10 of 22 (1,756 Views)

I rebooted at about 16:40.  It came back fine.

Without a note of the previous software version I can't tell if the update was successful or not.

0 Kudos