Menu
roseannabryan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

stuck on 25% preparing channel info - installed today

i was installed today with virgin tv, bb and phone. 

my installer couldn't get the box in my room to load the channels, he said call him and he will come back tomorrow to swap the box, but i was wondering if i could try anything to get it working myself to save him a trip back?

i have error preparing channels. it gets to 25% then goes to an error. unable to prepare channel information, but it also won't let me load on demand either. but my bb works fine. 

0 Kudos
CherryKing8
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: stuck on 25% preparing channel info - installed today

My advice is to call the VM installer tomorrow ( as he asked you to do ) because

both VM / Sky etc engineers have specialized tuning equipment ( meters etc ) that

will tune your channels exactly for optimum audio / visual and the engineer checks that.

You may by luck or chance succeed in some tuning in of channels but clearly if you

have the chance or offer of a trained skilled engineer returning to do the job then take it.

0 Kudos
roseannabryan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I rebooted it from the wall and it started working! Must have just been having a moment. Working absolutely fine now. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi roseannabryan,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your new TiVo®.

Sometimes, the box can take a little longer than usual to update. Keep an eye on it and give us a shout if you get any more problems.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos