Menu
josephgraham1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

software update

I've been stuck with an" Installing software do not turn off the power" message for the last hour and a half. Anyone one know how long this usually takes

0 Kudos
josephgraham1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: software update

now it's stuck on "preparing channel information"

0 Kudos
josephgraham1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And now it's just constantly rebooting

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your TiVo is probably dead. Phone in for an engineer as it's the quickest way to get it sorted

Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there josephgraham1, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TiVo® installing software at the moment, I appreciate that this is really frustrating. To be honest with you, this shouldn't take longer than an hour.

I've run some tests from this end, and can see that the TiVo® is currently showing as offline. This may be because the box is powered off, but it could be that you are still having this issue. If you are still experiencing this issue, I'll need to arrange a technician to call out and investigate further. I'll send you a private message in order to arrange a technician if this is needed. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon. Click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there josephgraham1, 

I thought I'd check to see if you've been able to view the private message I sent to you yesterday, as I've run the checks again this evening and it still shows that there could be an issue. 

Should you wish for me to book a technician to call out and investigate please let me know. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos