Menu
ibbo1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

slow tivo box and it turns off on its own

why is my box slow and sometomes turns off on its own or doesnt let me do anything.also when i pause live tv and come back to press play it stutters and can play very slow not happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow tivo box and it turns off on its own

Why is a bit of string that length.

It could be many things. May be down to a bad hard drive if its maving problems after pausing. Signal issues or any number of other things.
Do recordings do the same thing? and is the on demand working ok?

This might be one the VM techs need to test the box for as they will see HDD errors we can not.

0 Kudos
bazh2002
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Let's be honest the whole TiVo setup is poor, compared to sky's setup its amateurish. It's slow, buggy and quite honestly not fit for purpose as it is . So the v6 is out, TiVo is fast and works. But do we get the v6 to replace the poor boxes we have. No, well yes but not free of charge. And if your on a deal you monthly charge goes up also. The TiVo service on the v+ boxes is not acceptable and if can't be improved upon New boxes should be free of charge. I have been with virgin for 13 month's and this TiVo service is in need of a complete overall. I was willing to pay the 64 pound for the new box and installation, but not when I found out my monthly bill would rise to due to loss of deal I got when first signing up. When my contract runs out in a few months I'm gone. I can't stand this slow TiVo any longer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ibbo1977

Thanks for dropping by and for joining us on the forums.

I appreciate your TiVo® box has not been running as expected and we'd like to see if we can help with that.

I can see you spoke to Webchat on the 30th and they advised to do a force reset and then check the connection after this was done.

Can you let us know if this has helped?

Also I can see you have two TiVo's® with us. Is the issue you advised of happening on both boxes or just the one?

If you could get back to us and let us know that would be great Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos