Menu
Freeway1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

slow box

Hi my boxes are very slow to update if i want to watch a program thats recorded when i press the button i get a blank screen for up to 1 minute then when i press play it blanks again for anything uptown a minute, i'm thinking that it must be the cable from the street box as my 200mbps broadband is only a max of 50/60mbps as well, anyone know whats going on??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: slow box

Have you checked on the service status page to see if there are any known issues in your area? The slow TIVO is a bit of a given aha, but the broadband is definitely worth reporting if it continues to be that slow. Definitely give your TiVo a reboot, and clear your thumb ratings in settings if you haven't already!
Clear the cache too: Home>Thumbs down>Thumbs up>Play>Play>Play. Box will then reset.
0 Kudos

All Replies
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you checked on the service status page to see if there are any known issues in your area? The slow TIVO is a bit of a given aha, but the broadband is definitely worth reporting if it continues to be that slow. Definitely give your TiVo a reboot, and clear your thumb ratings in settings if you haven't already!
Clear the cache too: Home>Thumbs down>Thumbs up>Play>Play>Play. Box will then reset.
0 Kudos
Freeway1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your help I will give that a go tonight and let you know...

0 Kudos
Freeway1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

right done that and it does seem to be a tad faster but hard to tell, thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Freeway1

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your set top box lately. I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on your box from our end for you.

We're not detecting any errors at the moment, I hope that means that things have improved for you?

Apologies again for any inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos