Menu
kenmacdonald63
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

sky hd

hi I've just had my tiro installed today, with sky sports and movies.

when i made the order i did it in the virgin media store, and double checked that sky sports and movies would be in hd.

i know u pay extra for the hd. 

anyway after all the setup I'm very happy with installation  , the engineer was fantastic. but all the sky hd channels are greyed out. 

do i need to wait for an activation or am i going to have to ad the hd manually.

cheers

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky hd

kenmacdonald63 wrote:

hi I've just had my tiro installed today, with sky sports and movies.

when i made the order i did it in the virgin media store, and double checked that sky sports and movies would be in hd.

i know u pay extra for the hd. 

anyway after all the setup I'm very happy with installation  , the engineer was fantastic. but all the sky hd channels are greyed out. 

do i need to wait for an activation or am i going to have to ad the hd manually.

cheers

Could be an error on VM's part. When I came back to Virgin a few years back I had the same problem, Sports and Movies were there but no HD. I called up and they had not activated the HD part, problem quickly solved.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
kenmacdonald63
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure its an honest error. i said to the bloke is all the sports and movies in hd and he said they definatley would be.

0 Kudos
kenmacdonald63
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to add the hd channels on the upgrade page on vm website . But as I place the order it just goes to a, oops something went wrong webpage. 

Makes me believe my account already has this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi kenmacdonald63,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your Sky Sports HD channels haven't come through as promised for you.

How are things looking today?  If you are still missing these channels, let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Keep me posted, I'm here if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

kenmacdonald63
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks I know have the hd channels on my TiVo box but not on my other box.

ive read online you may need to Send the signal again, could you do that for me thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi kenmacdonal63,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

Well we're half way there at least Smiley Happy  I have sent an update to your other box for you.  You may need to power off/on the box to fully refresh.

Please let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

kenmacdonald63
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The channels are now on both boxes thanks. 

Only thing I can say is I sometimes get picture freezing and pixelation. It's rare on the TiVo but it seems to happen about once a minute on my v box 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi kenmacdonald63,

That's great news that all channels are showing on both boxes now for you Smiley Happy

In regards to the picture freezing I will check this out for you.  I have connected to both boxes and I can see a signal issue with both which will be the cause of this fault.

In order to rectify this I will arrange for an engineer to call out and fix this for you.  I'll pop all the details in a private message for you.

(Look for the envelope icon above)

kenmacdonald63
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The engineer is coming tommorow but my Internet is now suffering the same problem before which I thought was fixed last month when the engineer took the attenuator of my modem.

The green traffic light is just flashing.

Thanks 

0 Kudos