Menu
Bluebird2920
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sky TV

Hi,

my neighbour has sky TV and everything they record is recording on my TiVo box,also my channels often turn over to what they are watching or recording.

thanks shane

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky TV

That's quite impossible

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bluebird2920,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I have to agree with dannylau here. Sky operate via satellite where as we operate by Cable. 

There are some explanations though. Is there anyone else in the house that could be using the TV Anywhere app on a smartphone to set recordings or change the channel?

Maybe playing a joke/trick?

Also the recordings, are they stored in your main folder or the suggestions folder?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bluebird2920
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you for your replys but I must say that it is not impossible because it is happening. The recordings are in my main  folder. Nobody is playing tricks and the little girl next door is the one recording sponge bob because I have asked .

thank you Shane.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure you are not just seeing the recordings of suggestions?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bluebird2920 wrote:

Hi, thank you for your replys but I must say that it is not impossible because it is happening. The recordings are in my main  folder. Nobody is playing tricks and the little girl next door is the one recording sponge bob because I have asked .

thank you Shane.

Two entirely separate systems with different codes for remote controls and no physical or data connection between them, one gets it signal form a satellite the other from underground cables, it's like someone saying their electric Kettle switches on when the people next door turn on their gas oven

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

agreed its impossible. There is NO connection between the 2 systems. Even if you had the tivo and sky in the same home on the same TV. unless you set them both to do the same they wouldn;t even know the other box is there
0 Kudos