Menu
Tel42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

setting TiVo controls.

We are having trouble setting up the new TiVo remote controls whatever try. The sound is often distorted beyond understanding meaning that we have to keep resetting the TiVo box and switching TV on and off.

Tel42

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: setting TiVo controls.

Hi Tel42,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

Can you give me some more detail around the issues you're having? Are you having trouble setting the volume control for the remote control?

Does rebooting the TiVo® resolve the sound issue? If so, how long for?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tel42
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes - we are having trouble setting TiVo remote control to actually change volume or mute. We have been through the usual ways including watching video and trying all the relevant codes . It does operate from tv control but not TiVo remote. As far as the sound is concerned it seems to depend on the order we switch TiVo box and/ or the TV on or off or to standby. It would appear to happen more often if we actually switch TV off rather than standby. It is an occasional fault but an unwanted one nevertheless. 

Cheers

Tel42

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tel42,

Thanks for responding!

If you've tried all the codes for the remote control then unfortunately that means your TV isn't compatible. We get updated codes from TV manufacturers all the time so keep an eye on the TiVo Remote Control Codes list for new codes.

As to the sound issue, does it affect any other devices connected to the TV (games consoles, DVD players etc.)? Have you got any sound equipment connected to the TiVo/ TV?

Josh

0 Kudos
Tel42
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pity about TiVo remote but will watch out for new codes - at least it is useable from tv remote. 

We do not have anything else attached to the TiVo television set . 

Cheers

Tel42

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tel42,

I'd like to send a technician to take a look at the TiVo® for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get this arranaged.

Josh