Menu
carolm56
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

series link recording options

Why when I set a series link to 'new only' does it record editions which I know for a fact have been on before?
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: series link recording options

Because if the program is marked new in the guide then TiVo records it. So it's often the program info that's wrong. Especially on the channels that aren't the major ones. Also if a programs been on say BBC1 then appears again on Dave say then it could be marked as 'new' because it is to Dave. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The most frequent cause of this is that there is no metadata for TiVo to use.

In that circumstance it assumes New and records, rather than assuming Old and not recording.

I find that this tends to occur in the second week of the EPG and then gets corrected when that week becomes the current week.

0 Kudos
carolm56
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nope, it was originally shown on ITV1 and is now being repeated on ITV1 and the same time as it was originally broadcast. I understand it will consider it 'new' if it moves channels

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It would be useful if you could advise the program and its date and time so I can review this further.

0 Kudos
carolm56
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Jeremy Kyle. ITV1 3am 5am and 9:25. The early 3am and 5am are all repeats. Sometimes the 9:25am are too!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A quick check of the Tivo guide shows these have no "first aired date" which I understand is gospel as far as Tivo scheduling is concerned. A similar thing happens with "Click" on the BBC news channel at weekends - the end result is that every episode gets recorded.

You could try dropping a line to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk to see if they can fix it. They won't necessarily reply, but if anything can be sorted it will be.

0 Kudos
mike_gain
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If your box hasn't recorded a new episode on its first day of airing it will be counted as new for up to 30 days after the first air date. If your box has recorded the episode in the previous 30 days and your getting multiple recordings of the same episode then it'll be the metadata that is wrong as previously stated.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

japitts wrote:

A quick check of the Tivo guide shows these have no "first aired date" which I understand is gospel as far as Tivo scheduling is concerned. A similar thing happens with "Click" on the BBC news channel at weekends - the end result is that every episode gets recorded.

You could try dropping a line to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk to see if they can fix it. They won't necessarily reply, but if anything can be sorted it will be.

Give the appalling way that the BBC treat "Click", sometimes they show a shortened version, sometimes they do not show it at all as something "more important" has come along, I am happy to have the multiple recordings so that I know I can usually get at least one that is OK.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos