Menu
lozharris
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

series link in order?

is there any way i can set up my box to record a series link in order and only that series? for example, recording the big bang theory from season 1 episode 1 and for it to carry on from there rather than recording every episode in any order it picks up on? any help appreciated, thank you

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: series link in order?

But that would assume that every episode is going to be shown - and in order - which is not always the case.

Some channels do jump around and don't show episodes in order  -  and some episodes are skipped.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
lozharris
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i understand that, but when i try to set a series link, i get various episodes recorded, series 7 episode 9, then 10, followed by series 5 and so on with no particular order other than what they are aired. series 1 episode 1 is on thursday at 2315, followed by episode 2. then 3 and 4 is on friday at the same time. i want to just record it like that rather than the other episodes inbetween. i have been with sky for the last 8years and have only been with virgin a month and was wondering if there was any way i could do this as i could with sky. thank you for your help

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've never been able to record just one single old series on my Sky+HD box ??

Even on Sky you have to hope the channels broadcasts them in order without missing them.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
lozharris
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

when i was with sky i could put a series link from whichever programme at whichever season and episode and it would continue from there, even if i started at season 2 episode 3, the next it would record is season 2 episode 4, or if i started at season 1 episode 1 it would record season 1 episode 2 next, even if for whatever reason there was a month gap. my question was is there a way i can set virgin up to record from the episode i request it start and only go in order from there? thanks for your time

0 Kudos
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

lozharris wrote:

is there any way i can set up my box to record a series link in order and only that series? for example, recording the big bang theory from season 1 episode 1 and for it to carry on from there rather than recording every episode in any order it picks up on? any help appreciated, thank you

Basically, no.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you could set up a wish list of each individual episode, bit of a pain to do though

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's also worth noting that the concept of series-links being series-specific and needing setting-up again for each new series, was how V+ worked. I personally find it much better for them to be program-specific and "stick" with each new series, which is how Tivo works.

0 Kudos
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

japitts wrote:

It's also worth noting that the concept of series-links being series-specific and needing setting-up again for each new series, was how V+ worked. 

Actually no it wasn't. V+ simply recorded a given show at a given time. It had no concept of which series it was recording as the meta-data simply wasn't there. It was only a notch above a "dumb" recorder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well ok, fair point. I was trying to point out how Tivo is several (useful) steps ahead of how V+ worked, but fair point well made...

0 Kudos