Menu
tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

returning set top box

I have had nothing but trouble since I was stupid enough to get a tivo box, after about a year of one problem after another I asked them to take it back and give me a normal one (not tivo) just an ordinary box, they said no, any way I was sick of it by then I told them to take the three boxes,  (I had virgin in 3 rooms) they were supposed to send packaging ,and I have to take it to a pick up point? anyway the packaging has not arrived, this is after a month? and they are now going on about charging me the full price for the boxes, has anybody experienced this from them , as I would like to know what happens next I mean who in their right mind would want to keep a tivo box?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: returning set top box

Just had another e-mail from the "return our duff equipment team" usual stuff, i.e. by now you should have received our pre-packaged posting  to return equipment, again for the umpteenth time I have not received it, personally I don't think this pre-packaging exists and virgin are just having a laugh I have been a customer for a long time and they have **bleep** me of so much that I stopped the TV service because because of non functioning tivo box I asked them to change it for an ordinary one, they refused so I cancelled it and the other 2 boxes(which worked fine, they were not tivo  anyway now I'm having trouble giving them back their stuff, if they think I'm taking it back to a shop without having some sort of official paperwork they can think again, and as for charging me for it, well I have only one option now, and I will take it.  

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tammac81, 

Thank you for your message and I'm very sorry to learn you wish to leave. I would like to help and I would suggest giving the team a call again on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and They will be able to process a pre paid bag to send back. 

Many thank and please let the Team know how you get on.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi Tammac81, 

Thank you for your message and I'm very sorry to learn you wish to leave. I would like to help and I would suggest giving the team a call again on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and They will be able to process a pre paid bag to send back. 

Many thank and please let the Team know how you get on.

Ben

Given that there have been a significant number of posts over the last months about customers having similar problems getting return packaging sent out, even when they have contacted VM several times, isn't it time Virgin reviewed their systems and procedures instead of just posting the same response time after time.

I assume that, should I ever leave VM, then I will almost certainly have the same problem.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just had another e-mail from the "return our duff equipment team" usual stuff, i.e. by now you should have received our pre-packaged posting  to return equipment, again for the umpteenth time I have not received it, personally I don't think this pre-packaging exists and virgin are just having a laugh I have been a customer for a long time and they have **bleep** me of so much that I stopped the TV service because because of non functioning tivo box I asked them to change it for an ordinary one, they refused so I cancelled it and the other 2 boxes(which worked fine, they were not tivo  anyway now I'm having trouble giving them back their stuff, if they think I'm taking it back to a shop without having some sort of official paperwork they can think again, and as for charging me for it, well I have only one option now, and I will take it.  

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

tammac81 wrote:

Have a look at this thread, http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Returning-equipment/m-p/3018478#U301...

The comment "Unless the system recognises that it needs equipment back, a postal returns pack wont go out. Instead in that circumstance we would recommend taking to your nearest recycling plant" says it all. I suspect that this is the source of the problem; do not expect VM to have joined-up systems.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Forgive me, but I do not believe aword I read on this site, but thanks your post has a ring of truth, but I will still hang on to thier stuff,

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

tammac81 wrote:

Forgive me, but I do not believe aword I read on this site, but thanks your post has a ring of truth, but I will still hang on to thier stuff,

I don't blame you. I have been told that I can dispose of a V+, recently replaced by a Tivo, but I will be keeping it for the moment.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Or like me on the opposite side of the issue...

I transferred my old BT landline number to VM which meant my VM issued landline got cancelled. However, VM's system couldn't cope with this and assumed I had cancelled my services, all 3!

I ended up with 3 returns packs, countless emails saying I haven't returned my stuff then numerous text messages asking where the stuff was.

I sent a somewhat strongly worded text back advising them to check their systems and funny old thing the communications stopped!

Do you want one of my return packs Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

returning tivo

Another e mail from collections dept, they want their equipment back? hahahahahaha, now I have to take it to a collections point, no mention of return pack,  again threat to plunder my account for money for their kit? what a way to run a business?  not a patch onN.T.L. have had to cut post . being censored 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

return tivo box

hi, everybody,

has anyone ever heard of a customer having their account plundered for non-return 0f tivo box and other equipment? I have been trying for two months now to return a useless tivo and 2 other good boxes that never gave any bother but all that comes is threats to take money out of my account for non-return , would be grateful if someone could tell me if virgin have ever stooped that low, Where is the packaging, ????????????????????????

Tags (1)