Menu
jonesy1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

recording repeats

Why with the record settings on "New Only" do repeat programs of the same show keep being set to record. which I have to then cancel the planned recordings by hand.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: recording repeats

I have both these series links also and have seen the same but I ignore it as the broadcasters update there info a week or so before broadcast and these extra ones disappear.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

... because the broadcaster does not supply enough information for TiVo to decide if the program is old or new or a repeat, so TiVo takes the sensible approach and assumes it is new.

What program are you experiencing this with?

0 Kudos
jonesy1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie_C the programs that I am having experience with are Criminal Minds on sky living, and Murdoch Mysteries on Alibi, are 2 I have noticed,
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have both these series links also and have seen the same but I ignore it as the broadcasters update there info a week or so before broadcast and these extra ones disappear.

0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

I have seen this on the Forces TV channel 'Military Tech Show', but have not noticed the duplicates disappearing by themselves yet.

0 Kudos