Menu
giggsy101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

recorded shows wont play on tivo

£140 per month and i am told the network people will monitor my box for 48hrs...in the meantime i cant watch anything form my recordings...is the cause the upgrade?.

sky are looking very appealing right now.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: recorded shows wont play on tivo

normally you just can't play recordings if you try to fetch the meta data, if you press OK the show won't play but if you highlight the show and press play it will normally play quite happily 

0 Kudos
eddieryan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Meta data??

I've never had a problem playing recordings, I just thought I'd see if I could help the first poster, but I didn't understand the answer he was given at all! Surely you just press OK (it's highlighted already or you can't press OK) & it plays? That's what I always do &, as I said, I've never had a problem.

Sorry if I'm being thick...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think Dannylau might mean just hit the play button on the remote rather than the ok button.
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

normally you just can't play recordings if you try to fetch the meta data, if you press OK the show won't play but if you highlight the show and press play it will normally play quite happily 

i think "you" might have been "they" - IIRC, if you don't have a connection back to VM one method works (pressing play) and the other doesn't (pressing OK wants to talk to VM for this meta data - no connection, no meta data).

0 Kudos
eddieryan
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There isn't a helpful answer button!
0 Kudos
giggsy101
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the suggestions but i know how to play a recorded programme, the problem is whilst playing it continually stops and the starts playing again and the picture breaks up...it is like watching sky during a storm

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

giggsy101 wrote:

thanks for the suggestions but i know how to play a recorded programme, the problem is whilst playing it continually stops and the starts playing again and the picture breaks up...it is like watching sky during a storm

that's either a signal issue or hard drive failure

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

eddieryan wrote:
There isn't a helpful answer button!

It is only available for the person who started the thread (or for VM forum team members).   Any poster can use the Kudos button.

giggsy101
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

24hrs into my tivo box being monitored just 24hrs to go...not convinced that this will fix the problemSmiley LOL.....still cant believe that was the only response i could get from service team.

have decided to try this tactic on my car,which has been running rough for a few days...im gonna watch it from the window for first 24hrs then maybe ask my son if he will take over for the remaining 24hrs,hopefully this will sort it out,so i wont be needing a mechanic anymore.

will keep you updated.

0 Kudos