Menu
kevin-01
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

recorded programmes on a tivo box

I know you cannot transfer recorded programmes from a V+ box to a Tivo box but can you transfer saved recorded programmes from one Tivo box to a new Tivo box.

We have an old Tivo box in the lounge (which is very slow) and a V+ box in one of the bedrooms, as Virgin are going to replace the V+ box with a new Tivo box I wanted to move my old Tivo box upstairs and install the new one in the lounge. I have a lot of saved programmes on the old Tivo box so can I transfer these to the new one?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: recorded programmes on a tivo box

If both TiVos are connected to your home network Superhub, you can stream recordings from one TiVo to the TV connected to the other TiVo.

TiVo can be connected by Ethernet cable, powerline adapters or universal wifi adapter to your Superhub.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No you can't transfer recordings completely.

However, if both TiVo boxes are networked via your home network (and the content providers have allowed it) then you can stream recordings from one TiVo box to the other.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
kevin-01
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ben, thank you very much for your reply. I am not sure what you mean by networked via your home network? sorry to be a pain but can you elaborate a bit more.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If both TiVos are connected to your home network Superhub, you can stream recordings from one TiVo to the TV connected to the other TiVo.

TiVo can be connected by Ethernet cable, powerline adapters or universal wifi adapter to your Superhub.