Menu
fizzler
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

received old vm box instead of tivo

hey guys i need some help to sort out a problem i have, long story short i moved out of my brothers house to my own house an since the account was in my name i made a new account for my brother with vm, problem is i signed him for a tv package an when i spoke to the guy on the phone he said it would include the tivo box, since then though we received the old vm box an they are refusing to replace it with a tivo, everytime i've spoke to them i get the generic "there's nothing we can do", they won't let me speak to anyone else to solve the problem im tempted to just close the account since i cant get anywhere with them, i even told them about my account that was at that property we had a tivo box which is rotting away in the shed because they refuse to let him use that one which is just ridiculous, anyone have any idea how i can sort this out? or should i just close his account an switch to soemone else? any advice would be great thx.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: received old vm box instead of tivo

I would telephone again (am rather than pm as there is more chance of speaking to someone in the UK) and ask for a supervisor.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

fizzler wrote:

i even told them about my account that was at that property we had a tivo box which is rotting away in the shed because they refuse to let him use that one

I just want point out before anything else that should have returned that box when your account closed.

Secondly what did the contract documentation say when you were sent it about the type of box that was part of the deal? If the contract says TiVo then you should be able to get it resolved without any additional costs.

However if it doesn't say you'll get a TiVo box then Virgin Media have supplied there services that are on the contract. Appreciate there may be a dispute as to what was ordered, but one of the reasons the contracts are sent out is to ensure that any misunderstandings or errors are resolved before it's too late.

If the services do match the contract at this stage your option will be an upgrade to TiVo. This would cost a one-off £14.99 a month, and a new bundle agreement for the services on the account.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Phil_C
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I find that a bit odd because I've had my old V+ box, as well as the TiVo, since the TiVo was first introduced. Then a few months ago, VM phoned me to ask if I would like the V+ box swapped for a TiVo at no cost. I accepted it, it cost nothing, and, like the old V+ box it cost nothing monthly either. I assumed that they are trying to get rid of all the old boxes, so the fact that they installed one recently surprises me.

0 Kudos
fizzler
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I found that odd too since on there website it shows all tv packages come with the TiVo box yet he was given the old one, an the fact it's messed twice in 2 months an we had to have a engineer come out to fix it, I just don't get it
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Up till recently it was possible in some circumstances to opt for the older V HD box as the core box instead of TiVo. But it's an exception rather than the rule.

Since last November all accounts should come with TiVo as standard, and since 1st September is definitely TiVo only.

This is why I'm asking what is on the contract. If it says TiVo on there and they haven't got one then it's a simple resolution.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
fizzler
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i've told them about the tivo box multiple times, even told the engineer who came to fit broadband at my house about it an she just didnt care not much else i can do if theyre not bothered about taking it back, i've told my brother to find the contract so i can check it he's not really that knowlegable about this stuff but ive been with VM for 10+ years so im not new to there questinable methods.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi fizzler, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are not having much luck getting things resolved for your brother. 

We would need to speak to him regarding this realistically. Get him to give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to look at what was ordered and make sure you have the correct equipment. 

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos