Menu
tfm123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

rebooting tivo box

My Tivo box reboots in the middle of a recording when I reboot and resume viewing my recorded programme it goes into reboot do I need to replace the box or is it to do with your new services interfering with my box as this is a fairly recent problem hope you can help thank you for any help you might provide Terry

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: rebooting tivo box

Hi Terry, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if the circumstances are less than perfect Smiley Sad

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having an issue with your TIVo® rebooting when it's recording something. Has this happened before the update or only since then? 

In order to check the status on the box itself, I'll need some information from you to locate your account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tfm123
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its only started within the last month I am assuming its got something to do with you recently updating your soft ware but now it does this rebooting every time I watch a recording the only way I can watch this content is on on demand its very frustrating I had an engineer out who changed my cables saying my signal was to strong he left within 2 hours the same problem reoccurred its got to the point that I am thinking of switching supplier witch is sad before now virgin was a really good service I have booked another engineer and have asked for a new TiVo box this is a last chance for virgin to get it right.I was wondering if I get compensated for a month of rebooting inconvenience or reduce the bill to reflect the service 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tfm123,

I'm sorry to hear how much trouble this has caused you.

Let me know how the appointment goes and if you get any more problems, give me a shout.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos