Menu
DeeHones
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

really poor picture quality on some channels

I recently moved and signed up with Virgin for Tivo and the quality or picture on some channels is really poor, either pixelated, blurred or in some cases both while DVD`s look fine so i know it`s not the TV at fault - i`ve done all the obvious checks on the settings changed the HDMI lead restarted the box etc.

I called the customer service line and an engineer came out while i was at work today and my wife said he found a three way splitter which he changed for a two way which he said would help (we have another box upstairs which is n`t as yet connected) and made some other changes, i`m not sure exactly what was done but for the most part the issue remains. On some channels it looks like the signal just is not strong enough, ironically channels i`m paying extra for . . .

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: really poor picture quality on some channels

Hi DeeHones, 

Many thanks for taking the time out to come to us for help. With it being your first time I'd like to welcome you to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the TV being blurred and the quality being not what was expected. I've been looking into this and can see that the TiVo is responding well to my tests. I've not been able to pin point anything outright that would be affecting you at this moment. Can you tell me if you're experiencing these problems right now? Also can you tell me if this is happening on a particular channel, or if many, which one it's prominent?

Please keep in touch and speak to you soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
DeeHones
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi DeeHones, 

Many thanks for taking the time out to come to us for help. With it being your first time I'd like to welcome you to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the TV being blurred and the quality being not what was expected. I've been looking into this and can see that the TiVo is responding well to my tests. I've not been able to pin point anything outright that would be affecting you at this moment, Can you tell me if you're experiencing these problems right now? Also Can you tell me if this is happening on a particular channel, or if many, which one it's prominent?

Please keep in touch and speak to you soon. 

Ben

Hi Ben,

yes i`m still having the issue. The engineer who visited changed the splitter from a three to a two way and made some other adjustments (my wife was n`t sure what) ad to be fair it has made some difference on some channels (particularly children`s tv around 715 - 720 which where really bad) but the Discovery channels are still blurry in the detail and pixelated. I`ve been through all the settings on the TV but it looks like a signal strength problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deehones,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon on this. 

I'm sorry to hear that this is still an issue and I would love to help. 

I have been trying to locate your account and where I have been able to in the past I have hit a little bit of a hurdle.

I'll need some additional information, I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

0 Kudos
DeeHones
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PM replied to Ben
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Howdy Deehones,

I've replied to your PM and look forward to a reply Smiley Happy

Hope you're having a good'un Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
DeeHones
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Howdy Deehones,

Ben

Hi Ben,

PM sent with the info you requested

0 Kudos
DeeHones
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

DeeHones wrote:

BenD_H wrote:

Howdy Deehones,

Ben

Hi Ben,

PM sent with the info you requested

Hi Ben,

any update on this? I`m currently paying for channels too poor to actually watch . . .

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey DeeHones,

Thanks for coming back and posting, I'm sorry about the delay in reply, I have been awaiting some information but now have this. 

I've sent you a PM with some details for us to help resolve the situation.

Let me know when you can Smiley Happy 

Ben

0 Kudos
DeeHones
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A quick update for the benefit of anyone reading:

I had another engineer out who was very helpful. He changed the box to a Cisco one put in a powered splitter did some adjustments advised on settings for my TV and even tidied some wiring up outside, to be completely honest i really don`t think he could have done more than he did. The picture has been improved on some channels but some remain really poor - even taking into account compression and how the media is delivered to Virgin and how they deliver it to the consumer it`s not great, especially when a lot of channels that bad are ones i`m paying extra for . . . .

to be continued

0 Kudos