Menu
scotnat1314
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

programme reminders

Just joined Virgin with Tivo 6. Got everything OK except for setting reminders with and without series link. Can anyone help with this?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: programme reminders

TiVo software doesn't have a Remind function, just the Record and Remind function. 

This can only be applied to a single recording, not to a series link.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

TiVo software doesn't have a Remind function, just the Record and Remind function. 

This can only be applied to a single recording, not to a series link.

WXYZ
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really disappointed with Virgin. Just changed from sky.
setting reminder s a big part of daily viewing. My wife doesn't believe that u can't just remimd without recording.
Surely not beyond virgin technology and engineers. Need to do do it or could lose customers
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I doubt very much Virgin Media will lose customers over not having a Remind function.

I could explain why Record and Remind is better and why there is no Remind only function but it has been discussed many times before and if you are interested a simple search will find these previous threads.

Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can remind without recording, when the reminder appears you get the option to watch and record or just watch, which cancels the recording. If you're not there to see the reminder then the program will be recorded so you don't miss it, seems a better system to me.

Reminders are really just a legacy from before most boxes could record and I've never really understood why you'd use a reminder rather than recording the program. In order for the reminder to work you have to be sat in front of the TV, so therefore presumably watching something, the reminder pops up and at that point you either have to miss the rest of whatever you're watching or miss the program you've set the reminder for, if you have recordings set then then you can watch as and when convenient (and fast forward the adverts as long as you're far enough behind). 

LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well there are some things virgins boxes do that sky's don't and vice versa, I certainly wouldn't get to concerned over such a minor detail.

0 Kudos