Menu
juliemc21
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

playback problems

Recorded programs keep freezing on playback. If you wait, they restart eventually. I tried turning the box off and on again and then got an error message and couldn't play back anything. I cant remember the error number but it went away after about 10 minutes. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: playback problems

A warm welcome to our community juliemc21,

I'm sorry to hear that you got an error with some of your recordings.  I will be happy to take a look at this for you.

I have checked your box remotely and when I look at the hard drive status there are errors there.  This will require an engineer to call round and fix for you.
I will send you a private message with all the details, look for the envelope icon above.
Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A warm welcome to our community juliemc21,

I'm sorry to hear that you got an error with some of your recordings.  I will be happy to take a look at this for you.

I have checked your box remotely and when I look at the hard drive status there are errors there.  This will require an engineer to call round and fix for you.
I will send you a private message with all the details, look for the envelope icon above.
Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
grayhm
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem, freezing all the time now, reset it and formatted in a couple of times, still comes back. We have two tivo boxes, the one in my sons bedroom has no problem.

0 Kudos
juliemc21
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The engineer told us it was the hard drive on its way out, so we have a new box now. If you post this again as your own question someone from Virgin will probably see it and test your box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi grayhm,

I have responded to your post here:

Re: Tivo box recordings freezing

Cheers,

Collette Smiley Happy