Menu
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

pixelation on tivo - recordings + live

Had my tivo since July and in the last few weeks i've been getting several issues.

I get random picture fluttering/break up on recording and on live tv, which is more apparent when scenes change quickly.

Often when I get up in the morning or come home from work the picture is frozen.

The box has taking a lot longer to do basic functions like tv guide etc.

I've tried unplugging the box from the mains on several occasions and it doesnt resolve it.

Also, the engineer who came never finished installing my phone socket so I cannot ring CS/Tech Smiley Sad hence why i've come on here.

Any help would be appreciated as its getting rather frustrating now.

Tags (3)
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: pixelation on tivo - recordings + live

anyone?

0 Kudos
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

wow, so Virgins online help is as much use as their products

Think its time to cancel as I cant watch or record tv and the engineer hasnt finished installing the phone line that im PAYING LINE RENTAL FOR.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuzzer2015,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the picture is freezing up on live and recorded programmes.  It's not great to hear that your Landline hasn't been completely installed yet.  I will be happy to help get this checked out for you.

I have carried out some checks regarding the TV service, I have connected to your box remotely and I can see a signal issue that would be causing this disruption.  I will get an engineer organised to get this sorted for you.

I will also arrange for your Landline to be checked out too. Smiley Happy

I will send all the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I've also been losing internet signal all afternoon, in 5 minute patches and its like all my services are getting progressively worse.

I've paid 6 months line rental for a phone line that I dont have, will my account be credited for this?

0 Kudos
Poundy84
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issues with my TiVo
0 Kudos
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well despite and engineer visit, who said he'd boost my speed and connection I still have the same problem, massive pixellation on tivo recordings/live plus internet dropping out randomly every day.

Really starting to lose my rag with it.

0 Kudos
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

2 engineer visits later and I STILL have almost unwatchable HD channels, daily internet dropouts, sometimes 5-6 times an hour and I'm paying £75 a month for the privilege.

Last engineer "claims" my signal is being affected by another house, and until they can identify which house (on a street with 150+ houses) I'd have to put up with it. 

Should I talk to the CAB about my contract as i'm only 6 months into my 1st year, spent the 1st 4 months without the phone line actually installed and have now had 2 months of poor service?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuzzer,

Thank you for your post, I'd like to help and have already been replying to you via PM.

I hope that this can be resolved for you as soon as possible. 

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos