Menu
debbiec24
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

pixelated recordings

Hi, I'm finding that I'm increasingly getting recorded programmes that I can't watch because of the picture breaking up and pixelated images, no sound when this happens. I'd also previously found that there was no programme information and had a message about having to restart or download it (or something, can't remember the exact wording) I followed the instructions and it all came back on but I then got this message each time I turned my tv on. I don't know if this is connected to this current issue or not. This pixelatiing is horrendous and I can't watch some of the programmes ive recorded, its that bad.

Can anyone suggest anything before i go through customer services please.

ive rebooted and checked cable connections.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: pixelated recordings

Hi debbiec24

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service lately and I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you.

We're seeing some errors when testing the hard drive, so I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this box, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue has caused, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
debbiec24
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Craig,
Thank you for you response and test. I am happy to say i have been contacted already by one of your colleagues and an engineer called and replaced the box for me.
Thanks again,
Regards,
Debbie
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let me know Debbie.

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience the has caused.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TIVO always pixilates when you record two consecutive programmes on the same channel, at the point on the second recording, where the first one ends. It's been doing it since the Virgin TIVO was first launched, and despite various promises, it seems that they can't fix it. I don't know if this describes your problem, Debbie, but thought I'd mention it to you.
0 Kudos