Menu
Sandrah
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

passcode not accepted

My passcode is not being accepted on tivo, I want to change parental conrols

WHY MUST
 I HAVE A PASSCODE AT ALL............. I am sick to death of having to put in a passcode when I want   to watch something that VM deems "unacceptable" for under 16s....I live on my own am in my 70s and do not appreciate being told what I can and Can't watch without a passcode, get rid of this stupid thing for people who don't need it,......so now I can't watch anything because I can't get into my settings, 

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: passcode not accepted

It isn't VM deciding this, I think it's a ruling by OfCom that all programmes shown before the watershed must be restricted if not suitable for all.

0 Kudos
Sandrah
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's just so frustrating having to have it at all, as it happens I managed to get in and it's all changed, it now says something about using a pin and it's set to off, but of course I still have to use a pin,  thanks for replying.

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change you pin to something easy like 1111 or 0000.

0 Kudos
Sandrah
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I do that will it not ask for a pin in future, ultimately that's what I want .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On the same settings page which lets you alter the pin (Parental Controls), you should also be able to disable it for the most part.

There are still certain broadcasts for which Ofcom mandate a PIN lock.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos