Menu
lindanick
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

package change

I have just joined virgin media. I asked for the basic package but im not happy. Is it ok to change packages ? and which would you recommend ? i have three children who are not happy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: package change

lindanick wrote:

I have just joined virgin media. I asked for the basic package but im not happy. Is it ok to change packages ? and which would you recommend ? i have three children who are not happy

You can change, but why aren't you happy?    I would recommend the basic package because otherwise you and your children will spend your lives watching TV and become very unhappy :-)  

Best thing to do is to decide what you want and then see which package suits your needs and budget.   I have the full house and Sky Sports/Movies at a promotional rate, but intend to ditch them when the discount end next March.  My family get along with the basics,  youngest watches CBBC and didn't miss the other kids channels.

Also seek out alternatives like Now TV, TV Player, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. which may suit your needs better.  A Kids Pass on Now TV is just £3/month and may do the trick.  And Now Entertainment/Cinema has a £1/month offer at the moment which allows you to watch Sopranos, Game of Thrones and The Night Of  which you won't get with Virgin plus stuff on Fox like Walking Dead which you do.

But no matter what you do remember it costs and you will be really unhappy when you are skint :-)  I saved over £70/month after my recent downgrade.

All Replies
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

have a look at the link below, looks like you need to move up to Mix at least but if they want anything "Nick" related it'll have to be Fun

I hope they're paying the increased costs out their own pockets, early financial responsibility and all that - makes for a financially savvy adult Smiley Happy

if those channels don't make your offspring Happy, any chance you could trade them in? I'd recommend Doc, Bashful & Sleepy - try to stay away from Grumpy, Sneezy and Dopey.

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/providers/virgin-media/virgin-media-tv/channels

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

lindanick wrote:

You can change, but why aren't you happy?    I would recommend the basic package because otherwise you and your children will spend your lives watching TV and become very unhappy :-)  

Best thing to do is to decide what you want and then see which package suits your needs and budget.   I have the full house and Sky Sports/Movies at a promotional rate, but intend to ditch them when the discount end next March.  My family get along with the basics,  youngest watches CBBC and didn't miss the other kids channels.

Also seek out alternatives like Now TV, TV Player, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. which may suit your needs better.  A Kids Pass on Now TV is just £3/month and may do the trick.  And Now Entertainment/Cinema has a £1/month offer at the moment which allows you to watch Sopranos, Game of Thrones and The Night Of  which you won't get with Virgin plus stuff on Fox like Walking Dead which you do.

But no matter what you do remember it costs and you will be really unhappy when you are skint :-)  I saved over £70/month after my recent downgrade.

Purpletiger1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I know this isn't a reply to help you, but I wanted to let you know, you're not alone in being a new customer, who feels very unhappy and deflated with the products/services that you have from Virgin.

I too am also a new customer (a few days ago I had the Tivo box, phone and broadband installed), but I too am not happy with the package and services.

Yesterday, I waited over an hour to be connected to a live chat agent, and when I eventually got connected, they were very unhelpful. He told me to phone a number he quoted and I said I was not prepared to do that after waiting over an hour to get through to an agent on live chat. I asked for them to call me. 

A woman phoned me and I had to explain everything all over again as, apparently, there was nothing on my account regarding the transaction that I had with Patrick (their agent). After I went through it all with her, she said she would put me through to someone. Music was then playing and I assumed she was telling her colleague about the issues I had, but no, when a man answered, he knew nothing about it and said he had just answered a call. Again, I explained the issues that I have. He said he would put me through to the correct department. Again, the music played whilst I waited. Another man answered. He too didn't have a clue about who I was, or my issues, so I had to go through it all again. I was again transferred and was extremely annoyed, angry, etc by now, as I had spent over two and a half hours trying to sort issues out with Virgin staff. The woman that answered was also unaware and by now, I was fed up of explaining - frustrated at the very poor communication between the staff of a communications company, and I told her that I wanted it all taken out, put back as it was, as I want to go to Sky instead.

She said she would log my complaint and someone will get back to me within five days.

I am regretting signing up for these 'services' and feel I was misled by sales staff telling me that I would have things for free included that, in reality, I haven't. They want me to pay extra for, etc.

Hope that you manage to resolve the issues that you have and that you and your three children can enjoy the TV, etc again soon  xx

0 Kudos
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is common practice, you probably wont get a call back I'm still waiting for 3 from tech supervisors regarding 2 on my internet and 1 on my phone,

Get through to retentions tell them exactly how you have been treat and tell them your not happy and see where you go.

I've been a customer since Jones Cable installed it into Leeds and now I am moving with a better cheaper ISP, I just have to wait for a few minor installs to get me up and running. If your thinking of leaving there is a good package deal at car phone warehouse, a work colleague told me about it on Monday

£16 a month for internet-phone-sky

Or try out the compare sites and enter your postal add, I am getting  78m BB for an all in price of £22, with decent customer call centres that speak English.

Hope you get some joy out of this company I have had nothing but lies and troubles from them in the last 2 years

0 Kudos