Menu
rhidragon
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

not recording series links.

My TiVo box is not recording my series links. Strictly come dancing and Doctor who.  both are set to record new only and for bbc1 hd.

The hard drive isn't full, showing 54% 

There is nothing showing up on the hiccups or deleted either. Last weeks doctor who wasn't recorded due to there not being a signal. 

The TiVo box was showing as recording last night (saturday) at the right time for those shows. 

Totally confused unless the hard drive has died in there but if it had I would of thought that i wouldn't see any of the programs thats showing I've recorded. or be able to play those I have recorded. Last program recorded 23/08 which seems to play fine as just checked. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: not recording series links.

That is odd

I'd try a reboot. That can sort a multitude of evils. 

Next I'd try recording on the sd channels just to make sure it's not something to do with the hd one

after that I'd be ringing it in for an engineer. 

0 Kudos
rhidragon
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its very odd.

reboot didn't do anything. But changing the series link from new only to new and reruns seems to have worked!!! for the moment at least. 

I aint got a clue how that works. 

This morning my other half switched on for the grandprix bbc1 sd had a message up saying there was a problem with the channel so he switched to the hd channel and that was fine!!

Me thinks there is some rather large glitches around somewhere. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhidragon,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your series links aren't recording entirely.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and signal wise all looks great as are the power levels.

How are things looking today?  If you're still getting this same issue, please let me know and I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rhidragon
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delayed reply. forgot to tick the "email when someone replies" box

Still having problems with the recordings. Unless I actually sit there and ask the machine to record each episode it wont. The only time it seems to is if the series link is set up for new and reruns. If set up for new only it doesn't record even if the light is showing on the front of the box as recording. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhidragon,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that this fault is still present.  

I have taken another look at your box remotely and this time round there is an issue with the downstream power level which maybe having an affect on the channels, which may have a knock on effect to the recordings.

I will arrange for an engineer to call out and get this fixed for you.  I will send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

0 Kudos
rhidragon
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Hopefully moving next week so might be better to hold off on the engineer for the moment. 

The TiVo box is not easily accessible due to packing boxes littering the floor.

Hopefully will be taking my service with me. Just need to find out the flat no and actual moving date. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhidragon,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

That's absolutely fine to wait.  I hope all goes with with your house move as I know how stressful it can be, all the packing, organising, lifting, "to me, to you" and all that Smiley Wink

As soon as you know the address you're moving to definitely give us a bell and we can get it all sorted for you.

I will pop our Moving House page here in case it maybe useful for you Smiley Happy

Please do let me know how you get on.  If you need anything in the meantime, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

All the best.

0 Kudos