Menu
DP3
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

noisy tivo boxes

Onto my second new tivo box and the noise is terrible. the clunking of the hard drive is heard over the TV and is almost constant. seriously looking at a new supplier

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: noisy tivo boxes

whats it standing on/in?

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DP3,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy Sorry to hear that your second TiVo® box is making a loud noise. 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. The TiVo® hard drive looks good, no faults seen and the levels are all spot-on.

Could you please reboot the TiVo® and let me know what time you do that so I can correlate this with the diagnostic tests.

There are also some great suggestions to try on the following thread: Noisy TiVo®

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DP3,

I'm just checking back with you to check on the issue with the noise on your TiVo® box, as I haven't had a response since my post to you on Friday.

Please let me know.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
DP3
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

its standing on the shelf the old box was on which was quiet. However i have put it on various things including foam, leather cup coasters and polystyrene all to no improvement. this is the second new box and not only noisy picture is pixellating on a few channels.

0 Kudos
DP3
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the 1st box was rebooted by yourselves a couple of times and I have rebooted this 1 with no effect I appreciate you have no concerns from your end but unfortunately the noise is beginning to have an effect that is ive had enough.....I often turn box off now and watch netflix through tv or things via USB stick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DP3,

Thank you for coming back to us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're also getting pixelated pictures on your channels.  although all signal and power levels are still showing as ok, I will arrange for an engineer to call out and check everything out for you.

I'll pop all the details in a private message for you. Smiley Happy

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos