Menu
donald2
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

no programmes showing past next Saturday morning

It's Monday morning, but the TIVO box isn't showing any future programmes past about 6 next Saturday morning.  I can't pre-record anything on BBC 1, 2, 4, or ITV.  I've unplugged and replugged the box, but no change.  Shall I just be patient, and wait?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: no programmes showing past next Saturday morning

Have you checked Service Status? You could have avoided all those pointless re-boots.

0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If VM had worded it better on service status page like :- TV Guide on Tivo is not showing programming guide (EPG) past a certain date rather than miniguide , which means nothing to me then maybe we would understand better but typical VM once again. 

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Bingley wrote:

If VM had worded it better on service status page like :- TV Guide on Tivo is not showing programming guide (EPG) past a certain date rather than miniguide , which means nothing to me then maybe we would understand better but typical VM once again. 

Completely agree. A less than helpful response considering the Service Status messages are not very accurate.

And why do VM still have stupid messages like the engineer is on his way. From where to where is he travelling? Most likely from home to his normal place of work. This might have relevance when there is a problem at a specific physical location but is pretty meaningless most of the time.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
donald2
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I phoned Virgin up after posting my query.  They helped me reset the box again, and said that it should be solved by about 4PM today.  Hold your breath, everyone...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

donald2 wrote:

I phoned Virgin up after posting my query.  They helped me reset the box again, and said that it should be solved by about 4PM today.  Hold your breath, everyone...

I wouldn't hold it for too long  -  as the estimated fix time on the status page has now been pushed back to 23rd Aug at 17.30

That is assuming the stated fault with the miniguide also applies to the main programme guide.

Bingley
Superfast
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So its been pushed back yet again for the 3rd day running. Unable to fix - cant fix -wont fix  . Typical VM useless as usual.

0 Kudos
sgt
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wasn't

0 Kudos
Jude2
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hope they fix it soon, because next weekend is bank holiday, so if it's not fixed by Thursday it could be another week before the TV guide is working

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks as if it has been fixed tonight.  Well it has on my TiVo. I wonder if it was the fix that triggered all the 501 errors that are currently being reported.  I experienced that particular error just after 9pm and had to reboot the box to resolve it.