Menu
zanepowell
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

new customer tivo box startup check problem

set up my new TiVo box phone up and activated it and goes through the startup checklist and gets stuck on checking cable signal levels for hours on end and no error message

0 Kudos
arowsell1972
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: new customer tivo box startup check problem

yep mine does this, gets to starting up (no little red clock) then just resets, over and over again.

called the helpline, the lady actually got angry with me as she was convinced it was working fine???

tried to explain that i had 2 boxes and yes one was working fine but the new one wasn't - she wouldn't have any of it and accused me of not actually plugging the new box in!

after 20 minutes of me repeatedly telling her it wasn't working she told me i would have to have an engineer around - that was a week and a half ago - the engineer is due tomorrow (although i haven't had any confirmation that its booked) - i will let you know what the outcome is, my suspicion is a duff box.

0 Kudos
zanepowell
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's what I think the box is knackered and they have done the same sending me round a engineer on Friday this was reported 2 days ago they don't really care if u got to wait a week or so it should be next day service
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi zanepowell,

Welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've had to wait so long for an appointment. Give me a shout after the engineer has been out to make sure everything is OK.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
arowsell1972
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah swapped the box for another one, all ok now!
0 Kudos