Menu
lquarrell
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

new customer and unhappy

having had virgin broadband for years and experienced a great servive i thought i would take the plunge and ditch sky

so far a big big mistake  a 6 yes six week wait for install then activation problems then less than a week my additional tivo box has died  a week wait for engineer , not good enough 30 minute wait on phone to cancellation dept

this service is lousy   sorry i left sky !!!!!!

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: new customer and unhappy

I've just gone back to Sky TV with a special 'come back' deal. If you left within the past 12 months there's 75% off on a 12 month contract plus £100 credit. Basically the full HD package, including movies and sport, for £20 a month, the credit means the first 5 months are free.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

steelysteph wrote:

I've just gone back to Sky TV with a special 'come back' deal. If you left within the past 12 months there's 75% off on a 12 month contract plus £100 credit. Basically the full HD package, including movies and sport, for £20 a month, the credit means the first 5 months are free.

That's more or less giving it away! The equivalent of around £12 per month for the year.

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It sure is.

Of course you have to use your existing box, so no Sky Q, but that didn't bother me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

steelysteph wrote:

It sure is.

Of course you have to use your existing box, so no Sky Q, but that didn't bother me.

..so it's all profit to Sky with the added bonus that you don't give any money to the competition.

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If Sky is making a profit when charging £12 a month the service must cost a fraction of that amount. If that is the case how much profit per month is VM making from their tarrifs and how can these amounts be justified?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iquarrell Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting, I am sorry to read that things haven't been going as smoothly as you'd have liked, welcome into the Community.

I would like to help and I've been able to run some tests, it's clear to see that there are some issues that would need to be looked at and adjusted by and engineer, your boxes are not showing as connecting to the network.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos