Menu
welshcake1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

network error c130 on TiVo

I currently have a network error on my TiVo box of C130.  I also have some "bizarre symptoms" with my broadband.  When TiVo is on I only get about 1mbps of internet and the green lights flash on my router, if my box and TV are off, I get 50mbps and no green lights flashing.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: network error c130 on TiVo

Please search the COMMUNITY on C130. There are quite a few occurrences and solutions.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi welshcake1

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TiVo service recently.

I've located your account and I can see you've spoken to our team since your post, that being said we're seeing some minor errors with your TiVo service at the moment so I'd recommend just a quick reboot. 

If you're still experiencing the C130 error, let me know and I'll do what I can to escalate this from our end for you. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
welshcake1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

I have rebooted and the error has since gone, although it intermittantly comes back. 

I did speak to someone who rebooted the internet at your end and it was better for that day, however, we are still experiencing the flashing lights I talked about in the first post when we switch the tv on, and I understood from the engineer who installed it that these should stop, but they haven't yet.  When the tv is off we get 40-50 mbps, which is obviously great, but when the tv is on it drops to 1-2 mbps, which we are unhappy with. I'm guessing that something is downloading, but we've had TiVo for a week now, surely whatever it's doing should have finished?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Welshcake1

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, as you're still experiencing some issues I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available. 

I've sent you information regarding an appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming the appointment Lucy

We'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance with your service moving forwardMan Happy

As for the scheduled line pull, it is laying a new wire external to your home so the workers you've seen around your area recently would be linked. 

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe my input here is off-beam, but if the Tivo Cable Modem channel is the same as any of your Internet downstream channels then there would be a performance clash.

The above does not apply to the Tivo 6.

Do please let us know.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos