Menu
Pickers11
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

netflix buffering

Hi. Whenever I use the Netflix app on Tivo, after around 10 minutes viewing, the service starts buffering at 25%, then eventually it tells me the service is unavailable. After about 5 mins, the service will work again, but again starts buffering after around 10 mins. I rang Virgin, who said it was an issue at Netflix's end, but netflix works fine on any device not using Tivo.

I have had the issue with the app for at least 6 months, on both Tivo boxes. I have restarted both boxes several times, and this has had no effect. Can anyone advise or assist?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix buffering

Hi Pickers11,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the Netflix via the TiVo® isn't working well for you with buffering problems.  We are currently working with Netflix to get this sorted, at the moment we have no certain fix date/time.  

We are looking at ways to improve this service as and when we have any updates we shall keep all posted who are affected.  It has been an ongoing issue for sometime.

I have also taken a look at your boxes remotely and carried out various checks to make sure there's no other underlying issues like signal faults or network problems.  All is clear this end which I'm pleased to see. 

I'd like to ask also if you get the same issues when using BBC iPlayer or YouTube via TiVo®?  If you can let me know that would be great.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos