Menu
garyandmonika
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

netflix 25% buffering, and buffering, and buffering, and buffering, and buffering....

It seems like it takes VM as long to solve this eternal problem as it does to watch a movie.  Can anyone throw some light on this? Why does this happen, when is it going to be solved and do we get our money back for such a cxxp service - or maybe you're only 25% through trying to solve it and then got stuck???

0 Kudos
Piers
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix 25% buffering, and buffering, and buffering, and buffering, and buffering....

Buffering has been a problem for many years, for me. Some days it works, some days it doesn't - you just need to get used to having a mediocre service. YouTube is even worse.

7d4957f9962a16c06277f0eb78e7ec53.png
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix 25% buffering, and buffering, and buffering, and buffering, and buffering....

Hi garyandmonika

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing while using Netflix.

Just to clarify are you experiencing these issues on your devices like consoles, PC,tablet etc? Or is it through the app on TiVo®?

Look forward to hearing from you

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
garyandmonika
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just on the Tivo app.

0 Kudos
michelef
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have not yet watched a full movie from Netflix through tivo! My kindle works fine but want to watch on a bigger screen!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi garyandmonika

Thanks for getting back to us with the information about Netflix buffering via the TiVo® app and my apologies you are affected in this way.

We are aware of this issue and work is being done to the system to resolve this issue.  There will be a future update to rectify this for everyone currently affected.

Please accept my apologies on the issues currently affecting you, and let us know if there is anything else we can look into for you on your behalf.

Kind regards

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've just been reading exactly the same thread - but in the BT forums for BT TV users.

As said many times before - this issue seems to be on TiVo, BT-TV and I've had it on PS3.

The boxes are different - the ISPs are different  -  Netflix is the only common factor - they are the source of the problem.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
garyandmonika
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

This problem is still going on. You mentioned that you are looking into it. What is going on? When is the update available?

thanks

Gary

0 Kudos
garyandmonika
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

DEAR MR TOM MOCKERIDGE - CEO VIRGIN MEDIA

I'm not sure if you care to check out your customer complaints, but getting Netflix to run on TIVO is surely one that should get sorted on your watch.  It's been going on for nearly a year of complaints, with nearly a year of responses saying it'll get sorted.

It doesn't.

Meanwhile, Liberty Global creams off the monthly subscriptions because people don't want to cancel Netflix.  They just end up watching it on every other device.  Laptops, tablets, wii.

The problem is TIVO and the problem is VM.   Whilst we'd all love to watch Minions on Netflix, perhaps you could get one of your minions to sort out the Netflix problem. It can't be that hard? Surely?

Yours, yet another disgruntled monthly subscriber. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi garyandmonika,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. Apologies that you are experiencing a problem with the Netflix app buffering at 25% on your TiVo®.

We are working on a permanent solution with our partners, however, due to the complexity of the work required, this may take some time.

Once we have an update on this issue, we will notify all of our customers and Community Forum users.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos